Comments URL and count are read only

While working on a site-specific plugin I wanted to set the the URL and/or number of as most feeds do not supply this information or simply append it to the article text itself.

Only the number of comments is passed to the plugin with the rest of the article data but seems to be discarded when changed by the plugin.

Looking through rssutils.php I found out that num_comments is marked as read only and the UPDATE statement just uses the original value. Is there a special reason behind this behaviour or would it be possible to make this attribute writable?

i don’t think there’s any reason for it to be read only, i’ll make a note to take a look at this, unless someone wants to file a PR.

i’ve looked at the code and i didn’t notice any particular reason for this to be read-only, so it should be adjustable now: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/647c7c45eb235ec66f0b5cba15341d95afb171b0

sorry for the delay, last few weeks were busier than usual.

Looks good. Worked instantly after I applied the update.

And no need to apologize. Thought about doing the patch myself but I haven’t had the time to set up a Gogs account.