Articles don't appear after clicking feed

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING: Read before posting / reporting bugs

Describe the problem you’re having:

I’m using combined mode.

I’m reading a feed and ultimately there are no new articles. If I then click on another feed in the tree the tree updates but the articles for that feed don’t appear. I again have to click on the feed in the tree for the articles to appear.

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

commit 68562e261 (latest)

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Ubuntu 18.04.4, PHP 7.3.15, PostgreSQL 12.2

Please provide any additional information below:

maybe you can post screenshots of this? i’m not seeing anything like this.

also you can try going back in git history and bisecting.

Here are some screenshots. Forgot to mention I use “Hide read feeds”. Also, this also happens in a private browsing window, so no browser extensions interfering. This is all happening in Firefox, Chrome does not have this issue (but is has other issues in the feed tree with long feed titles). I have no custom CSS, using the default theme.

Before reading the article:

After reading the article (actual reading or mark as read):

After clicking on the next feed (or any other feed with unread articles):

Clicking again on the next feed:

I will try to go back in git history later.

EDIT: just found out it only happens with feeds below the current feed. It does happen in Chrome also.

yeah it looks like something with CSS, current feed disappears right when you click on something so click either goes nowhere or something like that.

e: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/8ad523fcec9da825d99e07fc23630bc6aeb1c0fc this should help i think

Yeah, I was seeing this issue as describe by @pahles as well and was in the process of posting when you posted this latest (8ad523fcec). This commit has fixed the issue. At least for me.

Just did a git pull, the issue seems fixed! Thanks!