API is stripping out embedded youtube video

Describe the problem you’re having:

I use the FieryFeeds iOS app to view my TTRSS feeds. A particular feed has a youtube video embedded, but the video doesn’t appear in the FieryFeeds app. I reported it to the FieryFeeds developer, and the dev said that the problem is actually with TTRSS. TTRSS API is apparently stripping out the embedded YouTube video. He said it happens on his instance of ttrss too.

Here is a sample RSS feed that demonstrates the problem:
https://www.pcgenesis.com/test2.xml

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

Open the FieryFeeds app.
Connect it to my TTRSS server.
Notice that I can see all my feeds nicely except certain items with embedded youtube videos. The videos are just missing.

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

v19.12-10aabfcd0

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Ubuntu 19.10 - 5.3.0-24-generic
PHP 7.3.11-0ubuntu0.19.10.1|
MariaDB

Please provide any additional information below:

The embedded Youtube video does appear fine within the ttrss web app, but just is missing when called from the API.

This is documented in the wiki’s API Reference page:

If this is not passed as true the iframes will be removed. You may want to send that to the developer. Or hard-code your own solution. Either would work, but try the developer because most (in my experience) are interested in making their products better.

Thank you for the helpful reply. I emailed the dev with your response. He has given great support so far so I imagine he’ll get this fixed quickly as you recommended.

May I ask why has_sandbox is set to false by default? Is there a security issue with it being true? Perhaps it should be set to true by default so all users of ttrss can avoid this problem.

It’s a security thing that, when not provided, falls back to the safest setting.